VMware Cloud Community
jselleck
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Microsoft.Data.Services.Client assembly missing after upgrade to 6.1 and .Net 4.5.1

On the IaaS server (Designer) I was using the following bit of code to get the machine object (I need this to set the vmname passed back from orchestrator):

machine = mgmtContext.VirtualMachines.Where(Function (vm ) vm.VirtualMachineID = virtualmachineid).FirstOrDefault()

After the upgrade I'm getting the following missing assembly error:

Is Warning: Message False"Compiler error(s) encountered processing expression ""mgmtContext.VirtualMachines.Where(Function (vm ) vm.VirtualMachineID = virtualmachineid).FirstOrDefault()"".

Reference required to assembly 'Microsoft.Data.Services.Client, Version=5.6.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' containing the base class 'System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceContext'. Add one to your project.

"

I'm assuming that this assembly is not included in .net 4.5.1 - but I'm unsure. 

Does anyone know a fix?  Or a better way to set the name of the machine?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
udubplate
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
4 Replies
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

This should get you where you need to go: How to rename VM in vCAC without Designer (How to)

-Steve
0 Kudos
udubplate
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

We just got off the phone with a developer on the vCAC team regarding this exact issue which we had been struggling with for several weeks now. What we had to do was delete that part of the stub workflow in the Design Center UI (open the stub workflow-->find that code block-->right click-->delete) then add it back (recreated that code block basically). It appears that the vCAC installer/upgrade is not smart enough to recompile the workflow with the new dll. That dll is upgraded/replaced during the 6.1 upgrade and the old version is not left behind. As soon as we did this things worked immediately. Hope it works for you as well.

udubplate
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

See here for my post regarding this issue and the workaround. Re: Stub workflow WFStubBuildingMachine fails after upgrading to 6.1

0 Kudos
jselleck
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks!!! This worked for us.  It saved us a lot of time!

0 Kudos