VMware Cloud Community
SeyedKebir
Contributor
Contributor

Machine Prefix change to Use group default

I created several "Machine Prefix", some fifty objects has approximately.
I noticed that the first Blueprint has changed the "Machine prefix " parameter to "Use group default" instead of keeping the configuration made ​​.
After diagnosis, I found that the list of "Machine prefix " displays 32 elements only. Other items on the list do not appear in the list. or to the unexpected change in my configuration.

How could I solve this problem, or how to extend the number of items to display in the list ?!
I create some Machine

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

J'ai créé plusieurs "Machine Prefix", une cinquantaine d'objets a peu près.

J'ai remarqué que les premiers Blueprint ont modifiés le paramètre "Machine prefix" à "Use group default" au lieu de garder la configuration faite.

Après diagnostique, j'ai constaté que la liste des "Machine prefix" affiche 32 éléments uniquement. les autres éléments de la liste ne figurent pas dans la liste. d'ou le changement inattendu de ma configuration.

Comment je pourrais résoudre ce problème, ou bien comment étendre le nombre d'éléments à afficher dans la liste?!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kallischlauch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey,

it _might_ be a limitation with the 32 machine prefixes. Then there's nothing you can do about that.

if you need many machine prefixes then I guess it's because you need to follow some host naming guidelines in your datacenters. Instead of using a different prefix for any possibility you can dynamically create hostnames at provisioning time using orchestrator or existing published workflows.

google for vrealize custom hostnames .. there are many who made their work available.

0 Kudos