Contributor
Contributor

Long loading mgmt console after install

Jump to solution

I am working on building a sample vCAC deployemt in our lab, so trying to deploy a minimal configuration.  I have downloaded the SSO ovf and then the vCAC ovf.  I then created the necessary dns records and then deployed the two components.  I had deployed the windows IIS piece but have since deleted it but will be re-deploying it.  After deploying the OVFs and setting the timezone, np and the rest of the items on the vCAC settings tab, the services are showing are registered.  My issue is that when i login to https://svcaclab01/vcac using administrator@vsphere.local, it trys to load administration>Tenants but just says Loading with the wheel spinning at the bottom.  I am using windows server 2008r2 and IE8.  I am expecting to see the default tenant which according to documentation is vsphere.local but nothing ever loads.  I have tried different servers and other non IE browsers along with lowering browser secturity with no changes.

Any insight on what i can do to get the page to load?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

I have done a couple things and now it seems to be working. Not sure which one made this work but,

I first realized that vrealize automation 6.2 is out so i blew away my install of 6.1 and went with 6.2.

I then modified internet explorer by going to options>security>un-checking "enable protected mode", I added the site to my trusted sites and also installed the cert into the trusted root folder.

A combination of all of these things has made it so that the website loads and the first setup of the default tenant was able to be performed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

**Update**

I have reinstalled the IAAS part of the install onto my windows server 2008r2 box.  After an installation with no errors i am still seeing the same issue, that when you login to the website https://vCACServerName/vcac. It just saying loading and has the wheel spinning at the bottom.  One thing i have notice by going to the admin of the vcac appliance is that the service "iaas-service" is neither showing as registered nor failed, it is just empty.

Does anyone have any insight on what i am missing or any idea of something to try?

0 Kudos
Commander
Commander

Can you use Firebug (or Google Developer Tools) and take a look at what comms are actually occurring?

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
Contributor
Contributor

I have done a couple things and now it seems to be working. Not sure which one made this work but,

I first realized that vrealize automation 6.2 is out so i blew away my install of 6.1 and went with 6.2.

I then modified internet explorer by going to options>security>un-checking "enable protected mode", I added the site to my trusted sites and also installed the cert into the trusted root folder.

A combination of all of these things has made it so that the website loads and the first setup of the default tenant was able to be performed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I came across the same issue in vRA 6.2.1 in my POC environment.  I was able to resolve it by restarting Identity App, vRA Core App and then re-registered SSO in vRA VAMI.

Cheers,

Tony

0 Kudos