VMware Cloud Community
NiteeshM
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Linux machines Taking two IPs from Network profiles but registering with one in vCENTER.

Hi all,

I am having 2 issues here with vcac Network Profiles.

When I use network profiles with Reservations, I will have windows machines configured right but Linux machines reserving 2 IPs in the Network profiles, but registering itself with one network profile. I checked to see if the Linux machines were configured to have two vNIC, but NO.However, I tried to assign the Network profiles to the reservations by using custom property "VirtualMachine.Network0.ProfileName"  and this way I am having the same issue as mentioned. But this time for both LINUX and windows machines.

Second, I have Network profiles configured with mask, gateway, DNS server addresses and Suffixes. When using network profiles, does my machine inherit the DNS suffix form the network profile or do I have to use the property " VirtualMachine.Admin.NameCompletion" in order for my machine to register in the DNS server.

vCAC version: 5.2

Custom Spec: Using

Static: yes

Appreciate the HELP in advance.

Nits

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yes, the Linux machine will inherit the NP config within the CustomSpec. Also, if you install the GuestAgent (instead of using the CustomSpec) that will also set the relevant parameters. For this to work, the blueprint requires that the VirtualMachine.Admin.UseGuestAgent custom property be set to True.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I'm not sure I understand the first issue you're having, but I can shed some light on the second.

If you have Network Profiles configured, then the machine will inherit the settings from within the profile. For Windows, the network information from the network profile gets passed to the CustomSpec while the machine is building.

One other thing to remember, is that the VirtualMachine.Network0.ProfileName needs to be set as well as VirtualMachine.Network0.Name for the profiles to work correctly.

Hope this helps.

NiteeshM
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That one worked when invoking bothe VirtualMachine.Network0.Name and VirtualMachine.network0.ProfileName together.

Does Linux machines inherit the NP configuration to the CustomSpec whilemachine is building?

Thanks~

0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Yes, the Linux machine will inherit the NP config within the CustomSpec. Also, if you install the GuestAgent (instead of using the CustomSpec) that will also set the relevant parameters. For this to work, the blueprint requires that the VirtualMachine.Admin.UseGuestAgent custom property be set to True.

0 Kudos
NiteeshM
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Appreciate it bud!

Thank you.

0 Kudos