VMware Cloud Community
WinStime
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Launch a Workflow on event via vRA 7.2

Hi all,

We use the event brocker service to call vRO workflow for provisionning VM (with different lifeCycleState)

When a customer request a new hard drive on his VM, he uses the GUI in vRA and "reconfigure VM" to add disk... It works fine.

BUT... The guestOS need to be updated with the new drive, and for this, i would like to launch a Remote Powershell Script to add or extend drive.

SO... I need to catch the event. To achieve this, i read all of the Life Cycle Extensibility.PDF to look for reconfigure event

I found this :

ReconfigureVM.Complete in the global event

But i dont know how to provide these information in the event subscription.

Can anyone help me ?

EBS.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hawks76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If i understand what you are asking, you need to choose Machine Lifecycle for event topic.

Then under Conditions, you want to choose Data>Lifecycle state>Lifecycle state event.

There you can choose VMPSMasterWorkflow32.VMPSMasterWorkflow32.EVENT.ReconfigureVM.Successful

and that should trigger your workflow once the reconfigure is successfully completed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
hawks76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If i understand what you are asking, you need to choose Machine Lifecycle for event topic.

Then under Conditions, you want to choose Data>Lifecycle state>Lifecycle state event.

There you can choose VMPSMasterWorkflow32.VMPSMasterWorkflow32.EVENT.ReconfigureVM.Successful

and that should trigger your workflow once the reconfigure is successfully completed.

WinStime
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Great, it works, thanks 🙂

0 Kudos