VMware Cloud Community
Roger15
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Issues on Assigning Static IP address in Blueprint design

I am trying to test my static IP's on a blueprint design.

Trying to deploy a Windows 2012 box through a clone work flow from a template.

I have created my network profile with required IP range reservations along with other network details like gateway, subnet mask, primary DNS.

Now while designing my blueprint on network tab I have added my network profile and gave a static allocation.

pastedImage_0.png

On custom properties I have mentioned profile name once again.

pastedImage_1.png

In either case after my machine is deployed from the template, I don't see any static configurations on my server after its successful deployment.

Request anyone to give additional information, like if I'm missing something else to ensure static IP's are being chosen.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You must be using a customization spec to assign a static IP in the first place, so what does the networking portion of that spec look like? Second, you shouldn't need to define any custom properties in your blueprint. You just create a network profile with range and information, and either assign that to a reservation, or specify that network in a blueprint.

0 Kudos
Roger15
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Daphin,

Thanks for the update.  I have created a custom spec on my endpoint and added it my blueprint which worked out.

Can we do anything without using a custom spec, like with a VRO can we create a workflow to use the IP's from network profile ?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I'm sure you could, but why bother? The customization spec is for more than just assigning a static IP, for example host name and executing generalization scripts in the case of Windows, so you'd need to handle all that manually in vRO. It's not worth the hassle unless you have some unusual use case.

0 Kudos