VMware Cloud Community
chrischrischris
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is it possible in vRA 7.4 to write a custom form that allows requestor to select between multiple Linux options and then create a VM based on this?

Hi all,

Is it possible in vRA 7.4 to write a custom form that allows the requestor to select between multiple Linux options and then create a VM based on this?

For example, first pull down to select between Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat, OpenSuse

The next pull down to select version: If the first pulldown is selected to "Red Hat" then display available Red Hat versions RHEL 7.0 or RHEL 7.1 ... newest.

The next pull down is to select 32-bit or 64-bit.

Possible?

Possible but how many person-weeks of coding required?

Thanks in advance!

-Chris

0 Kudos
6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Certainly possible. Have a read of my blog here to get an idea of how that works. Could even do this in traditional forms if you like. Not even one day required.

0 Kudos
chrischrischris
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
chrischrischris
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the blog link.  I now know how to create drop down menus.  Very happy.

Once the drop downs are complete, how should I approach using the drop downs to choose what VM to launch?   For example I would like the Blueprint to offer "RedHat 7.6 64-bit" and also offer "Suse 12.2 32-bit" but only have one VM created: the VM specified in the pull down.

Thanks!

-Chris

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

For example I would like the Blueprint to offer "RedHat 7.6 64-bit" and also offer "Suse 12.2 32-bit" but only have one VM created: the VM specified in the pull down.

Not exactly sure what you mean here. If only one VM is being created as the result of a catalog request, then it would be one or the other.

Also, are you using SovLabs Property Toolkit?

0 Kudos
chrischrischris
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks!

I meant how to have multiple VMs in a Blueprint but only launch one (based on pull-downs in a custom form).

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

See my earlier statement and question.

0 Kudos