VMware Cloud Community
Zueritram
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Infoblox "Create IPAM connection" doesnt like the FQDN

Hi everyone

I'm using the Infoblox Plugin version 4.3 and vRA 7.3. Somehow the workflow "Create IPAM connection" doesnt like, if I enter the FQDN of the infoblox hostname. I always get the following error:

Error in (Workflow:DEBUG IPAM / Update Cache (item3)#3) An error has occurred while saving IPAM connection. Detail: Host name [server-01.domain.local] is invalid.

[2018-10-09 11:03:39.991] [E] Workflow execution stack:

item: 'DEBUG IPAM/item3', state: 'failed', business state: 'null', exception: 'An error has occurred while saving IPAM connection. Detail: Host name [server-01.domain.local] is invalid. (Workflow:DEBUG IPAM / Update Cache (item3)#3)'

workflow: 'DEBUG IPAM' (2c154f07-44ac-4420-a947-777558a943bd)

|  'attribute': name=attrInputConnection type=InfobloxIPAM:IpamConnection value=dunes://service.dunes.ch/CustomSDKObject?id='Infoblox2'&dunesName='InfobloxIPAM:IpamConnection'

|  'attribute': name=password type=SecureString value=__NULL__

|  'attribute': name=api type=InfobloxIPAM:IpamApiType value=dunes://service.dunes.ch/CustomSDKObject?id='WAPI'&dunesName='InfobloxIPAM:IpamApiType'

|  'no inputs'

|  'no outputs'

*** End of execution stack.

Before he throws the error, all checks agains the Infoblox provider are successful. As soon as I enter only the hostname it works. The function which generates the error is this one:

var attrTestConnection = connectionManager.saveConnection(attrInputConnection);

Anyone has a clue why?

Cheers Philippe

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KaushikPatel84
Contributor
Contributor

We are experiencing the same issue with FQDN in Infoblox "Create IPAM connection".

Have anyone found the solution?

I will appreciate your response.

Thank You,

Kaushik Patel

0 Kudos
legioon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The first thing that comes to my mind is ceritificate. might be due to certificate of Infoblox. Add Infoblox ceriticate to vRO and try again. What is the common name of the certificate? You must use it as the hostname when you register infoblox.

0 Kudos
KaushikPatel84
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply!

We have imported the SSL in VRO from VRO control center. The common name of the certificate and FQDN of Infoblox appliance are same.

I am suspecting, we need to restart the VRO appliance after importing the SSL certificate in VRO  as per the Infiblox plugins guide which we haven't done yet.

0 Kudos
legioon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yep, restart is an option. Sometimes required after certificate importing. Did you check the DNS configuration of vRO ? Can it resolve hostnames/FQDN ?

0 Kudos
KaushikPatel84
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, VRA Appliance is able to resolve the DNS name.

Thanks,

Kaushik

0 Kudos