VMware Cloud Community
michael_stefani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

InfoBlox Plug-in and Host Record Aliases

So we recently deployed the Infoblox plug-in and were thrilled that we could create host records with aliases pretty much right out of the box.  Our networking team had been pushing for us to get away from A records and cnames for a while.  The one thing that appears to be missing or I just can't find is a way to add an alias after the fact.  I'm curious if anyone else has come across this and if they found a workaround.  Thanks for any info,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kericmiles
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What is the specific name of the record you are trying to creating in InfoBlox? I don't see the option to even create an alias in the web UI.

0 Kudos
michael_stefani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I believe it's just called an alias.  If you drill into a host record it's one of the tabs.  The plug-in provides you a way to specify an alias (or multiple aliases) when you create a host record.  Just not seeing a way to add one after the host record is created.

0 Kudos
kericmiles
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I don't see method or function that allows you to update the aliases. It looks like the only way to functionally do this is to retrieve the host properties, delete the host record, add the alias to the properties, and add the host back with the new properties.

0 Kudos