VMware Cloud Community
ParthG
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Increasing disk size

this is probably dumb question

but how do you increase disk size if your not machine owner? in vRA 7.3

In my lab i have machine deployed using blueprint, and business group that's attached to blueprint has user role as another test user.

I have all the admin rights on my account.

test user requested machine, machine is deployed. Under vRA loggin in using my account i can see machine under managed machines, when i click view machine all i can see is specs of machine can't edit anything under it.

So my question is that editing memory/disk/cores is limited to person who has requested machine?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You would need to use approval policies to control the reconfigure option in that case.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Harishtoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I believe if you are part of "Business Group Manager" then you should be able to edit VM settings.

if you have limitations in Blueprint then you will not be able to perform and customization, unless you have any custom properties specified.

0 Kudos
ParthG
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank you for reply

In business group, I do have my self as group manager role. In blueprint I do have range limitation set on cpu/memory/storage, and VM is not on highest range. I do not have any custom properties set.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You have to make sure you have the Reconfigure action entitlement for whatever business group and user account/group of which you are a member.

0 Kudos
ParthG
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

got it. Basically reconfigure action need to entitlement for business group. Would it be possible to reconfigure machine without giving group/user business group reconfiguration entitlement?. because it seems like if you do give access to business group they can reconfigure machine without getting approval.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You would need to use approval policies to control the reconfigure option in that case.

0 Kudos
Harishtoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Will you be able to share blueprint configuration and VM configuration.

0 Kudos
ParthG
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

actually this seems to be correct, because approval policy will kick in for getting approval to increase memory/cpu/hdd.

and i think only business group users/owners can submit request. As per my knowledge.

0 Kudos