VMware Cloud Community
darrenoid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Incorrect expiration date listed in UI after upgrade to vRA 7.6

We have some cases where an end user has extended a deployment lease for a few more months, but the UI shows 1 Month as the expiration.Has anyone else seen this issue?

Both databases (appliance and IaaS) show the correct expiration date:

vcac=# select lease_end_date from cat_resource where name = 'DeploymentName';

-[ RECORD 1 ]--+--------------------

lease_end_date | 2019-07-26 00:30:00

pastedImage_2.png

But the vRA console UI shows the Expiration as "in 1 month":

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
darrenoid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I just tested this out and can confirm. The expiration date listed in the vRA 7.6 UI under Deployments shows "in 1 Month" even if the lease is for 1 month 3 weeks and 6 days. If set to less than a month the number of days are displayed. So, this display value seems to be rounded down to the nearest month or number of days if less than a month.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Smells like a bug to me. More validation why I never recommend upgrading to the bleeding edge. Have you opened an SR so they track this? Hopefully it'll get addressed in a hotfix at some point.

0 Kudos
darrenoid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We are having some issues with our support contract, so I am waiting for that to get fixed before submitting an SR. I am starting to think maybe the new UI is rounding down to 1 Month.The difference between the current date and the lease end date is 1 month, 3 weeks, 6 days.

0 Kudos
darrenoid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I just tested this out and can confirm. The expiration date listed in the vRA 7.6 UI under Deployments shows "in 1 Month" even if the lease is for 1 month 3 weeks and 6 days. If set to less than a month the number of days are displayed. So, this display value seems to be rounded down to the nearest month or number of days if less than a month.

0 Kudos