VMware Cloud Community
chadmichael
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

IaaS Host Endpoints in the vCO under a Distributed vCAC Installation

I have a question about the possible configurations of a vCAC system under a "distribured installation", as outlined in this part of the "Installation and Configuration" document   .

My specific question is whether there would ever be a case where a vCO instance would have more than one "vCAC Infrastructure Administration" endpoint?  I'm trying to understand the architecture of this distributed installation and whether or not it has implications for this question.  At this point, it seems to me that there's always only going to be a single IaaS associated with a given vCAC instance; I understand that there can be multiple IaaS components, but the diagram suggests that the load balancer creates a single entry point, and this would imply a single endpoint in the vCO. 

Clarification on any points welcome. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GMCON
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes that is correct.  When you add an IaaS endpoint to vCO as long as you use the load balancer name for it then it will only need that.  Also yes even in distributed all IaaS components (i.e. MGR or Web) would be grouped together behind that load balanced name so even if you had the IaaS web component installed on 5 VM's they would all be behind that load balanced name.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GMCON
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yes that is correct.  When you add an IaaS endpoint to vCO as long as you use the load balancer name for it then it will only need that.  Also yes even in distributed all IaaS components (i.e. MGR or Web) would be grouped together behind that load balanced name so even if you had the IaaS web component installed on 5 VM's they would all be behind that load balanced name.

0 Kudos