VMware Cloud Community
Dandollars
Contributor
Contributor

IP not assigned to Ubuntu VM from network profile IP Pool

Hello guys, i was able to install and configure vRA 7.0 but i am having an issue with the Ubuntu blueprint. I created a network profile which is tied to the ubuntu blueprint, and it is supposed to assign an IP to the ubuntu VM from the pool of IPs but this is not working and the ubuntu vm is provision successfully. Tried this with a windows blueprint and it works. dont really know what i am doing wrong or better still, if there is another way this can be done.

ubuntu.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daxen
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. If it is DHCP it works fine. If I add vCenter customization the NICs are disconnected and the request hangs. Without DHCP and customization it is connected to the NSX logical switch but does not get ip address.
0 Kudos
daxen
Contributor
Contributor

just to share my experience. I have solved the issue. I removed the open-vm-tools and installed the mounthed from vCenter. I ran the python script and saw a lot of packages were not installed (gcc, make, etc). After that I converted to template and ran the blueprint with customization spec.
0 Kudos
willonit
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you are not using a vCenter customization script, you must do so for IP's to be configured. Leave the network settings to typical in the customizations script. VMware tools must be installed on the template as well. If you use open vm tools instead of installing the VMware version, you must install the deployPkg plug-in ‌on the template to allow vCenter to customize the VM.

0 Kudos