VMware Cloud Community
hawks76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

IAAS server isn't checking into vRA Appliance

Was tinkering around with the cloud client and started getting a 404 error.  After a little poking around, i discovered that my IAAS box hadn't checked into the vRA appliance in 270 days.  Checking the IAAS box, found a broken VMware.IaaS.Management.Agent.exe.config file (missing some properties) and the Management Agent woudn't start.  Got that fixed and the management agent started.  restarted the IAAS server, but still shows it not checked in for 270 days.  Is there something else i need to do for the agent to check in properly?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There are several, but since you started with a broken agent I'd highly suggest you open a ticket with GSS to get this sorted without causing even more damage.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There are several, but since you started with a broken agent I'd highly suggest you open a ticket with GSS to get this sorted without causing even more damage.

0 Kudos
hawks76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I opened a case with GSS.  The directed me to uninstall the agent, blow away the folder, and reinstall the agent.  That seems to have gotten the agent communication working again to vRA.  Now i gotta figure out why i'm still getting a 404 error from the cloud client.....

0 Kudos