VMware Cloud Community
fduranti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

How to show a "pretty" output on the Resource Action.

Doing some test I was able to execute a Resource Action on a VM and show some output from the workflow.

I've created a workflow that get as input a VM and output a string.

Then I've created the resource action and linked to the entitlement.

I'm able to run the workflow and get the result but the string is loosing any kind of formatting even the new lines and is mostly unusable in this state.

Anyone has an idea on how to show a better formatted string in the output?

pastedImage_1.png

This is my output:

pastedImage_3.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Can’t you grab the corner of the textbox and make it bigger? (works in my browser)

At any rate in this version of VRA, that is the best I have been able to figure out.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

This is about the only way I know how to get close to where you want to be.  You have to format lines yourself by keys, but maybe you can get creative with it.

output formatting 1.jpg

output formatting 2.jpg

output formatting 3.jpg

SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Actually scratch that.  Just use "Text" as your output type and then add newline characters \n where you want returns.

I hadn't looked into this for a while and figured I would poke around some more.  Looks like string formatting into a text box behaves like a string.... heheh... but Text format output allows other creative formatting.  I didn't take a screenshot but tab character \t also works.

This will be exactly what you are looking to do. Enjoy!

output formatting 4.jpg

output formatting 5.jpg

output formatting 6.jpg

0 Kudos
fduranti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Tried with "Text" but the output is still bad formatted / not "pretty" as the textbox is small and don't scroll in a good way... tested with properties and it's still not so good:

Those are with "large" configuration ... and I'm not able to "resize them bigger...

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Can’t you grab the corner of the textbox and make it bigger? (works in my browser)

At any rate in this version of VRA, that is the best I have been able to figure out.

0 Kudos
fduranti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

It seems that the "resize" only work on firefox in my case.

On chrome It show the grab corner but cannot grab it.

On explorer/edge it's not even displayed.... it only show the arrow to scroll.

Hoping it will be better in the next version Smiley Happy

For now I'll stick with text box as there's no other possibility.

0 Kudos