VMware Cloud Community
GarTomlon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to script out adding ISO as CDROM to collection of VMs.

I am very green with vRA and vRO.  This is going to be the beginning stage of my first project in learning these technologies.  The goal is simple.  The steps, are not so much for me.

1.)  I have a collection of Vms that I would like to attach an ISO to (ISO will be explained further on).  I would lkek to have these VMs noted possibly in a text file.  I am assuming I could use a For Each (VM in txt) and loop thru each VM,

2.)I have a batch of ISO's in a datastore (on my vSAN).  The ISO filename will always be constant (for instance file.iso).  They would be located in (again, for instance) vSAN/ISO/Jan/;  /vSAN/ISO/Feb/; /vSAN/ISO/Mar/  When the workflow is launched, I would like the user to be prompted for the month.  User types in Jan and the iso vSAN/ISO/Jan/file.iso is attached to list of VMs from step one.

Again, I am very green, and would really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Tom 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Since you posted in the vRA forum, I'm assuming you're looking to integrate this somehow with vRA. Is that correct? How does this need to integrate with your VM provisioning process, or does it? Can you provide more information on how this fits in with the larger picture?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Since you posted in the vRA forum, I'm assuming you're looking to integrate this somehow with vRA. Is that correct? How does this need to integrate with your VM provisioning process, or does it? Can you provide more information on how this fits in with the larger picture?

0 Kudos
GarTomlon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ultimately, I would like for this to be published as an XAAS and requested from within the Service Catalog.  These ISO's represent monthly updates for an application residing on these VMs.  It will be requested from within vRA and applied against the VMs.  Honestly, the forum was the first forum I came to in search for the answer.  Do you think with this question, I would be more suited to post in the vRO forum?

Thanks.

0 Kudos