VMware Cloud Community
Ahmed_Naguib
Contributor
Contributor

How to reserve multiple subnets for a particular Business group

Hello,

I am trying to provide more than one subnet for a particular business group, through creating two network profiles, and having them assigned in the business group reservation.

But, whenever a blue-print (Single Machine Blue Print) is deployed, it always take the IP from the first range, or first profile.

Is there any way to control this, and have the user decide which subnet he wants to get the Machine in ?

I am using VCAC 6.0.1

I still don't get it... Why is there an option to check box on multiple network paths, and multiple network profile in the reservation page (network tab), if its always just the first selected.

I appreciate if someone can clear this.

Tags (1)
2 Replies
GMCON
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There is a way to do this but you have to create the way for them to select which one using custom properties.  Here is a tutorial on one way to make this happen.

http://vcdx56.com/2014/01/14/vcloud-automation-center-network-selection-during-vm-request/

stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What I think the issue is (if I'm reading it right) is that IP's are only getting assigned out of one network profile, not the other.

In my experience with network profiles, if you want it to use multiple networks, your best bet would be to have two portgroups, each with a network profile assigned to it. When provisioning, the first thing vCAC does upon instantiating the NIC is take (I think, don't quote me on this) the first associated network pool it can find. However, if you have a reservation with different portgroups, it'll round robin between the two of them.

-Steve
0 Kudos