Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to read *Instances* in a vRA blueprint request and pass is as an argument to a vRO action

Jump to solution

Hello All,

I am trying to write a custom vRO workflow to do_something based on number instances selected. Now the problem is when I try to use the custom property _number_of_instances, this custom property is not passing the selected value in *instances* to the vRO workflow. I guess either _number_of_instances may not be the right property or I might be doing something incorrect.

pastedImage_4.png

I want to use a custom field with a dynamic drop down which would be dependent on the number of *instances* selected.

Any pointers towards a possible solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards Shekhar

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Expert
Expert

I'm not 100% sure the property you're using is the right one here.

If I understand what you want to do correctly here, you'd like to create 1-4 VMs of the same type within the same request? If that's the case then you want to do a couple of things

1. Modify the blueprint to permit N instances of the VM like this

pastedImage_0.png

2. The property for the JSON request you want for controlling the count here is this one

pastedImage_1.png

Changing the value of "_cluster" here will request that many clones of the VM defined in the blueprint.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

This is intriguing. What version of vRA? Also, have you looked into custom forms(if possible). Just some thoughts that could help work around this.

Thanks, Nathan
0 Kudos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, I guess custom forms should work. I have not tested it as I was on vacation. However I prefer not to use custom forms hence the query. 🙂

Thanks.

Regards Shekhar

0 Kudos
Expert
Expert

I'm not 100% sure the property you're using is the right one here.

If I understand what you want to do correctly here, you'd like to create 1-4 VMs of the same type within the same request? If that's the case then you want to do a couple of things

1. Modify the blueprint to permit N instances of the VM like this

pastedImage_0.png

2. The property for the JSON request you want for controlling the count here is this one

pastedImage_1.png

Changing the value of "_cluster" here will request that many clones of the VM defined in the blueprint.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Eoinbyrne,

Thanks for the reply. It worked. 🙂

Regards Shekhar

0 Kudos