VMware Cloud Community
JeanChristopheD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to get a live-resolved default value for an item in vRA ?

Hi,

I'm currently working with vRealize Automation 7.4.0 and vRealize Orchestrator 7.4.0 and I didn't find any way to get a live resolved default value for an item in vRA.

Let me showcase the issue.

As a mandatory step, I created a very simple vRO workflow for this purpose :

very symple workflow.PNG

First, I designed a fresh new Xaas with two items :

xaasOverview.PNG

The first one is a radio button group typed as decimal that has three hardcoded values.

More in depth :

defaultValueSelectorDetails.PNG

No exotic tuning :

defaultValueSelectorConstraints.PNG

The hardcoded values :

defaultValueSelectorValues.PNG

The second one is a decimal field which value is set to be as default the value selected in the first object :

intergerVariableDetails.PNG

Again, nothing exotic on the constraints side :

intergerVariableConstraints.PNG

Now comes the test : at the form opening, the first object takes its default value of "1" and the second object uses is as expected :

formAtOpening.PNG

But when you select something else, you expect the default value of the second object to be updated and to reflect the change :

formAfterSelectingSomethingElse.PNG

And here comes the issue : there is not the expected update, as if the default value of the second object was not notified that the value changed in the first object.

I tries multiple combinations of that, relying on conditions inside vRA, call to vRO actions or other crazy attemps but I do not find a way to get this working.

Please also take in account that I do not want to use the "value" area of the second object to "link" to the first one, as in wild I need to let the form user able to change the default value.

Has some an idea to get this working ?

Thanks a lot for your help and ideas !

0 Kudos
0 Replies