VMware Cloud Community
darrenoid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to get Deployment Description on Custom Form in VRA 7.4

Hello fellow vRAers,

Is there a custom property or hidden property that I can use to add the Deployment "Description" or "Reason for request" fields to the new Custom Form in vRA 7.4?

Before the custom form feature was introduced, standard blueprint forms show the deployment description and reason for request field automatically, without having to specify a property:

pastedImage_0.png

The new custom form feature does not have either the description or request for properties as available to add to the canvas:

pastedImage_1.png

The only custom properties for deployments I can find are the following from the DOCs https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Automation/7.4/vrealize-automation-74-custom-properties.pdf:

_debug_deployment

_deploymentName

_number_of_instances

Looking at the vRA payload passed onto vRO, I can see a __request_reason property, but no deployment description property that I can see. Also, I know sometimes the hidden __ properties are read only, so I am not sure if i can even set the reason for request.

pastedImage_9.png

Does anyone know of a way I can get the Deployment Description and Reason for Request fields to show up on a custom form in vRA 7.4?

Just to clarify, the Machine properties has it's own description field which can be set using the "notes" property, but that is not what I am looking for. I am looking for the Deployment description.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LoganDS
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@darrenoid

These two fields of the blueprint are not apart of the blueprint schema and have historically been treated as seperate entities.  This form limitation is expected to be fixed in vRA 7.5.

There is no available work around for 7.4

0 Kudos