VMware Cloud Community
Ravindra01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

How to find IP and Host were VM had deployed for the destroyed VM after provisioning failed

Hi All,

Recently we had one provisioning requests failed in guest customization phase and VM has been deleted as we set " Do Delete" option in IAAS server.

Based on the past experiences, we know most of the times guest customization fails because IP issue. When I check the network profile , I see IP has been released back to pool as unassigned status. To investigate further , I want know which IP was allocated to the VM which failed during the guest customization. We cannot check guest agent logs , as the VM already deleted. Is there any way or place where we can find this ?

One more thing we are suspecting failure could be because of resources utilization of the host where  the vm had placed. How to find , on which host vm was deployed.

Thanks in Advance !

Regards,

Ravindra

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you had vRO workflows run as part of provisioning, you can check a workflow token for the properties payload and it should have the IP as well as cluster. As for host, if you are capturing logs with something like Log Insight, you can review them searching by that VM name that was since destroyed. Both pieces should be extractable from logs either from vRA and/or vSphere.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you had vRO workflows run as part of provisioning, you can check a workflow token for the properties payload and it should have the IP as well as cluster. As for host, if you are capturing logs with something like Log Insight, you can review them searching by that VM name that was since destroyed. Both pieces should be extractable from logs either from vRA and/or vSphere.

Ravindra01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank for answering the query, we can find the IP Address allocated to the VM during the provisioning in vRO workflow.

0 Kudos