VMware Cloud Community
pacharya46
Contributor
Contributor

How to fetch custom properties of blueprint, along with its component's custom property

I want an simple solution to fetch the custom properties of blueprint along with its compent's(Infrastructure.CatalogItem.Machine.Virtual.vSphere) custom property and also from Propery Groups. Any help is much appreciated 
0 Kudos
4 Replies
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Your post reminded me I needed to finish up a workflow I had half way done.  I'm not sure this is the best way of handling things but here is an action that was first designed to merge just the property groups on the component ( to mimic what happens in the gui ).  I've added a couple of options.  First option will merge in the blueprint level property groups and custom properties and the second option also evaluates the component level custom properties.

I'm not feeling super confident the way I am filtering out the custom properties is the correct way of doing things.  I posted another question about that but I'm pretty sure what I am doing should isolate only those values.

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

oops you'll need this action as well to grab the property groups.

0 Kudos
pacharya46
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks you very much and it is great help.  However i have noticed that if property 'isOverride' value is set no, then defaultValue is null and had to use fixedValue. Correct me if i am wrong. Also I need to decrypt value if it is encrypted and need help is decryting it
0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Sounds like you got that correct... not sure on decrypting.  We don't currently store anything encrypted.  Maybe an api call from another service is needed?

0 Kudos