VMware Cloud Community
avinashjalumuru
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to enable custom actions for composite blueprint in VRA7.3

Hello All,

To orchestrate few of the applications on the vCenter resources, I created a workflow in VRO and tested there.

But I want to automate the same through VRA 7.3.

The workflow action for single machine is created through XaaS actions and entitlements. And single machine workflow works fine through VRA as well.

However, I want to perform the same custom action on multi machines. But, I am unable to figure out the option to enable it.

Here is the screenshot and I am expecting my custom action available in the drop down when the deployment is selected.

vra_custom_action.JPG

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Avinash.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hdo0917
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The way I make the action on the menu of the deployment:

1. Create the vRO workflow with the 1st input parameter as type vCACCAFE:CatalogResource

Input.PNG

(I named my workflow as "Operation on a deployment"):

WF_Name.PNG

2. Log into your vRA, go to "Design" > "Resource Action" and create a new action:

- Select the vRO workflow

New _action.PNG

- 2nd step: "Resource Type" = "Deployment" , "Input parameter" = deployment

2nd_step.PNG

3.Go to "Administration" > "Catalog Management" > Entitlement and add the new action into the appropriate entitlement. Save it.

Now the BG with that action entitled will see the menu

Operation.PNG

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
hdo0917
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The way I make the action on the menu of the deployment:

1. Create the vRO workflow with the 1st input parameter as type vCACCAFE:CatalogResource

Input.PNG

(I named my workflow as "Operation on a deployment"):

WF_Name.PNG

2. Log into your vRA, go to "Design" > "Resource Action" and create a new action:

- Select the vRO workflow

New _action.PNG

- 2nd step: "Resource Type" = "Deployment" , "Input parameter" = deployment

2nd_step.PNG

3.Go to "Administration" > "Catalog Management" > Entitlement and add the new action into the appropriate entitlement. Save it.

Now the BG with that action entitled will see the menu

Operation.PNG

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
avinashjalumuru
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

(Sorry for the delayed response)

Thanks very much for the detailed procedure. This really helped and I am able to view the customized action to the deployment blueprint.

However, the customized workflow is to perform an action on array of VC:VirtualMachine. I expected that the customized action should automatically pick the VmWare VMs created by the deployment blueprint. But it is not happening so. It is still asking to enter the list of VMs. If I am missing some minor config, kindly help me out.

Thanks,

Avinash.

0 Kudos