VMware Cloud Community
ajitgunturi
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

How to delete deleted Resource Types from items tab, when the item is already deleted from underlying vRO?

Context

We developed a custom plugin on vRO and exposed CRUD workflows through vRA. While we were troubleshooting some plugin issue, we deleted items from vRO directly. But that change didn't reflect on vRA. We have 5 types of items and we deleted them mne by one, type by type. We were able to clean up but it doesn't seem to be working out for one particular type of item.

I keep getting a System exception whenever I try to delete one particular type of resource from items section. There is two parts to this question.

• Whenever we get a system exception, where do I have to look for logs for further troubleshooting?
  • What is the best XaaS Blueprint design for performing crud operations on custom resource types?

While at it, please let me know if there is a place within vRA server from where I can do a hard delete of the items in vRA.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert

Whenever we get a system exception, where do I have to look for logs for further troubleshooting?

catalina out for vra is about your best bet

What is the best XaaS Blueprint design for performing crud operations on custom resource types?

Create is a provision process through XaaS blueprint.  All read and update are based on plugin or rest api capabilities against catalog resource and you can do this through any vro workflow as either a Resource Action or XaaS Blueprint.  Disposal needs to come from a custom Resource Action  (or potentially through a REST call... I am testing)

While at it, please let me know if there is a place within vRA server from where I can do a hard delete of the items in vRA.

If the underlying object is gone, it will not allow you to access defined Resouce Actions for disposal.  I do not think there is a way to delete it through another method via the GUI. 

If you go to https://yourAppliance/component-registry/services/docs you can look at all the capabilities against the REST API.  Scroll to the bottom of the catalog-item service swagger documentation and select this...

catalogItem.jpg

Find this in the documentation.  You can try to send a valid REST DELETE in to the provider resource.  (there is no delete for Consumer)

catalogItem2.jpg

0 Kudos