VMware Cloud Community
KobiLazar
Contributor
Contributor

How to bulk destory VMs ?

I have vRA Build 6.2.2-2754020 and my business users are destroying VMs (Multi Machine Blueprints) using the “Items” tab, one by one, because they don’t have access to the “Infrastructure tab” where you can select multiple machines.

Is there any tool that can perform such action ? I have tried using the vRealize CloudClient but I can’t find such a command.

Thank you

Kobi

0 Kudos
3 Replies
spride
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm not sure of way "out of the box", but you could create a vRealize Orchestrator workflow along with a Service blueprint to handle.

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I've been requesting bulk operations in the gui since the beta's of version 6 (the first version I really got involved with).  Why this has not been a priority is kinda mind boggling but for now your only options are the cloud client or going straight to the rest api or orchestrator (which you can then also call from a script via the cloud client or using its rest api).  I am most skilled with Orchestrator so in our environment I went that route.  Orchestrator has the added benefit of integration within the vRA gui so you can also create a catalog item based on that workflow like was mentioned before.

0 Kudos
muxx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can you tell us more about the catalog item? Is it just "destroy all my VMs" item? Does your workflow use some multi-select box or filter?

I wanted to do it same way, but I am forced to use CloudClient or RestAPI as vRA Standard license does not have Advanced Services.

Thanks

0 Kudos