VMware Cloud Community
DLally
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How do you sync vRA and orchestrator

I've got a custom action I want to create a custom property to pull external values from, however I don't see it when I browse(weird.)  This happened to me before, however I came back to it later and it was there. 

I'd like to just be able to sync it when i need to, instead of waiting.  I did go to the endpionts and to my orchestrator endpoint and run a data collection...that didn't work.

3 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

Reference link How to configure VMware vRO integration with vRA - KBTV Webinars - Support Insider - VMware Blogs

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Check the return type of your action. When vRA queries for actions from vRO, it filters them by only valid return types which it can accept such as array/string. The results returned are done so dynamically when you browse for them and not on any scheduled data collection interval.

0 Kudos
nmshadey
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've had this same problem when creating an external lookup for a custom property values. When I browse the vRO library, it doesn't display the actions that I have created. On the create custom property page, I refresh the page (browser refresh) and lookup the action and then it's visible. Must be some kind of cache function but it's annoying.

0 Kudos