VMware Cloud Community
chrisheartland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Help utilizing two vCO appliances with 1 vCAC

Has anyone done this? We had to set up a second vCO server at our CAlifornia site due to latency. I have everything set up but I noticed that the "WFStubBuildingMachine" workflows have identical ID's, so when I try and run a job to the other vCO it's calling it from the first vCO instance since they have the same ID's. At least this is what appears to be happening.

Does anyone know how to either changethe ID's or a different workaround?

Edit: After thinking about this, it seems the issue is that every build job run only goes to the first vco appliance. My question is how can I differentiate between the two and various blueprints? For example, I want Blueprints 1, 2 and 3 to go to vco1 while blueprints 4,5,6 go to vco2. Is this possible?

Edit2: I was told by someone to use the vco multi-node plugin for just this type of thing!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GMCON
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

There is actually a custom property you can assign to a blueprint to make it use a certain vCO server.  The property is VMware.VCenterOrchestrator.EndpointName, add this on the properties tab of the blueprint and under value put the name of the vco server that you have added as an endpoint in vcac that you want it to use

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GMCON
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

There is actually a custom property you can assign to a blueprint to make it use a certain vCO server.  The property is VMware.VCenterOrchestrator.EndpointName, add this on the properties tab of the blueprint and under value put the name of the vco server that you have added as an endpoint in vcac that you want it to use

0 Kudos
chrisheartland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks. This is better than trying to use the multi-node stuff. I can't believe I didn't think of this the first time!

0 Kudos
JamesMW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We do this as well. Would recommend you put the property on either a reservation or compute resource. That way anything built on the reservation / compute resrouce will use a specific vco endpoint. Then you dont have to have different blueprints for different locations.

One blueprint that is automagically assigned the correct vco endpoint.

0 Kudos