VMware Cloud Community
VirtuDale
Contributor
Contributor

Help Getting Started

First I want to thank anyone who stops to provide help and/or insight.

I have gotten a distributed 7.2 vra deployment stood up using Jad's virtualjad.com to use as a POC for my organization. I want to provide value initially by fully automating our deployment cycle and all of it's customization's but I'm kind of at a loss of where to start.

Things I would like to accomplish is inputting data into our CMDB, configuring network settings, setting static DNS entries, creating DHCP reservations, along with many other customization's.

I have been able to create a blueprint to deploy the VMs from a template that works but doesn't really give me much over just deploying

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You may really want to consider working with a partner to getting these sorts of integrations stood up. As a beginner, you have a tall order ahead of you just from an administration perspective. The things you're wanting are more from a configuration and external integration standpoint, and that really requires you to have a very good grasp on the fundamentals. There are many partners out there with lots of expertise in this field and could help establish the value proposition of vRA plus integrations much quicker and easier than you shouldering that whole burden. It's something you might want to think about.

0 Kudos
VirtuDale
Contributor
Contributor

I appreciate the insight but without showing even a small amount of value I'm not sure I can get that approved at this point.

I have discovered the event broker but now I'm running into an issue with configuring the subscriptions. When I go to Administration -> Events there is no Subscriptions menu only Event Logs. Is this something that requires a specific license level (like Approval Policies) or am I missing something else?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

If you don't see the event broker then you may have something wrong with your installation or, at the very least, the configuration.

0 Kudos