VMware Cloud Community
Aureus_82
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Getting a error, when i try to collect Data from vCenter Server. But Cluster Collection works !?

Hello,

I´m getting a strange errormessage when it try to load the Inventory from my vCenter Server.

I configured my vCenter Server as Endpoint and i was able to load the Clusters. When i klick Data Colection from a Cluster (EQL Cluster 1) i can load all Data and the status is "Succeeded" but when i try to load the inventory fro the vCenter Server (to get the Templates) im getting this error message:

Error processing [inventory], error details: Illegal managed object reference type, Folder.

The Agent-Logs schows the same:

[26.08.2014 16:48:16] [Info]: Starting : Processing Workitem ID [2e38598e-4385-4b2d-bc88-fd2b773d1f98] [inventory]

[26.08.2014 16:48:16] [Debug]: [[inventory]] [inventory] VirtualMachine.Admin.Hostname=vCenter

[26.08.2014 16:48:16] [Debug]: [[inventory]] [inventory] VirtualMachine.Admin.ParentIdentity=

[26.08.2014 16:48:16] [Debug]: [[inventory]] [inventory] VirtualMachine.ManagementEndpoint.Name=vCenter

[26.08.2014 16:48:16] [Debug]: [[inventory]] [inventory] VirtualMachine.ManagementEndpoint.Identity=

[26.08.2014 16:48:16] [Debug]: [[inventory]] [inventory] VirtualMachine.ManagementEndpoint.Endpoint0=vCenter

[26.08.2014 16:48:16] [Debug]: [[inventory]] [inventory] VirtualMachine.Admin.Name=inventory

[26.08.2014 16:48:16] [Error]: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>

<boolean>false</boolean>

Error processing [inventory], error details:

System.ArgumentException: Illegal managed object reference type, Folder.

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.vSphere.VSphereGetHostsRequest.ExecuteImpl()

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.vSphere.VSphereHypervisorServiceProvider.GetHosts(ManagementEndpoint managementEndpoint)

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.Collector`3.get_Hosts()

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.Collector`3.CollectManagementEndpoints()

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.CollectInventory`3.Collect()

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.BaseHypervisorAgent`3.EnumerateHypervisorResources(Collector`3 collector, WorkItem workItem, PropertyBagHelper propertyBagHelper)

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.BaseHypervisorAgent`3.ProcessWorkitem(WorkItem workItem, String task, PropertyBagHelper propertyBag)

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.vSphere.VSphereAgentService.ProcessWorkitem(WorkItem workItem, String task, PropertyBagHelper propertyBag)

at DynamicOps.Vrm.Agent.BaseAgent.ProcessWorkitem(WorkItem workItem)

I hope someone got an idea, im out of ideas.

Thx Steven

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

There is no data collection for the endpoint... And, I'm not entirely sure how you added the vCenter object there... is there a compute object named 'vCenter'? To answer your specific question regarding templates, though, they have to be registered onto a cluster that is part of the fabric group for data collection to pick them up... They aren't considered a global entity (like a compute resource). Add the templates to one of the clusters and then perform data collection on it, and you should be fine.

-Steve

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MightySuite
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you post a screenshot that shows hierarchy of that cluster..?

0 Kudos
Aureus_82
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unbenannt.PNG

im able to collect Data from eql and md-emc-nex, but

when i try to collect the data from source vCenter i get the error

Unbenannt1.PNG

0 Kudos
Aureus_82
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I also notice that the Collect Data from the Endpoint is missing.

Unbenannt2.PNG

0 Kudos
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

There is no data collection for the endpoint... And, I'm not entirely sure how you added the vCenter object there... is there a compute object named 'vCenter'? To answer your specific question regarding templates, though, they have to be registered onto a cluster that is part of the fabric group for data collection to pick them up... They aren't considered a global entity (like a compute resource). Add the templates to one of the clusters and then perform data collection on it, and you should be fine.

-Steve
0 Kudos
Aureus_82
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Steve,

thanks for your Help! Got tricked by the Documentation. :smileyblush:

0 Kudos
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso