VMware Cloud Community
pankajchhabra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Get the error on dynamically created edge gateway - "A specified parameter was not correct: host"

Hello,

I create a Web NAT profile with Gateway as 100.100.100.1 and netmask 255.255.255.0, Range is from 100.100.100.2 - 100.100.100.20. It is connected to External Profile with Gateway 172.26.1.171 and range 172.26.1.190 - 172.26.1.200.

Although the Edge gateway does get created, there is an error during power on that "A specified parameter was not correct: host". I am attaching the screen shot of the same.

My understanding is that Gateway will get the address 100.100.100.1 on the Web NAT switch interface. But I am not able to ping this from the Linux machine that is provisioned. I think the error above is causing it.

Please let me know what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Pankaj

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

You can ignore that error, the subsequent power on works. Sometimes the power on is issued before the provisioning is quite complete.

You likely can't ping it because of the default deny rule, it's nothing to do with that error.

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
pankajchhabra
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

In the firewall I have enabled any -> any, any service Allow. But still I am not able to ping the gateway. Where do I need to change the default rule from deny to allow ?

Thanks,
Pankaj

0 Kudos