VMware Cloud Community
acangani
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Get owner and BG from vRO by VM

Hi,

i use vRA 7.6 and I need to fetch from a CRON WF in vRO, the Owner and BG Managers users (related mails is better) of a virtual machine starting from a "VC:VirtualMachine".

I can take the managed "vCAC:VirtualMachine" entity from the System.getModule("com.vmware.library.vcac").getVirtualMachineByExternalRefId(), but i have only found the username of owner (does not exist any email field) and all the field related of Business group (ProvisioningGroup).

How can i take the Owner email, and the Business Group managers emails?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
acangani
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I can't get BG managers email but it's username.

I do it so:

for each "vCACCAFE:VCACHost" i fetch the BG (vCACCAFE:vCACCAFEBusinessGroup), for each BG i fetch all the catalog item, for each catalog item i check if is it a VM and if the VM id was the same that i want to find, if it was the same i take the BG and use the method "getAdministrators()" to get the username of managers.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
acangani
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I can't get BG managers email but it's username.

I do it so:

for each "vCACCAFE:VCACHost" i fetch the BG (vCACCAFE:vCACCAFEBusinessGroup), for each BG i fetch all the catalog item, for each catalog item i check if is it a VM and if the VM id was the same that i want to find, if it was the same i take the BG and use the method "getAdministrators()" to get the username of managers.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos