nem1s1s
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Initial error on install screen
0 Kudos
nem1s1s
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Everything passed Validation and this is the 3rd time this has happend. I can't seem to work out the error.
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Please start from the beginning and describe your version and architecture. We don't need to dive into logs to get basic information. I'd also request to see screenshots from the installation wizard from the beginning which show all values in all stages of the installation process.

0 Kudos
nem1s1s
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vRA 7.4 in a Minimal Deployment (DEV environment)
IaaS - Windows 2012
SQL - Windows 2012

Attached is a screenshot of the Validation results (I've removed all the sensitive stuff)

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Can you not show all of the steps?

0 Kudos
nem1s1s
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any reason you need all the steps? You can see it's all compliant BUT continually fails at the WEB install.
0 Kudos
nem1s1s
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Model Manager Web configuration is complete. Model Manager Data configuration is complete. Endpoint {0} registration in virtual appliance failed.   vCAC-Server-Custom-Web-ConfigTool Installation Failed, ExitCode:1  Error configuring vRealize Automation Server. For more information, refer to vCAC-Config.log after collecting the IaaS logs. Execution time:05:44.247
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Because there are many many ways for this to fail depending on the values you provided during installation and the validation page does not show that.

0 Kudos
nem1s1s
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Installation steps in pdf
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Thanks, this is very helpful.

The domain of your appliance is <domain_A>. The domain of your Windows IaaS server is <domain_B> but when you are asked for the IaaS host address, you're manually specifying an address of <host>.<domain_A> and selecting the node on <domain_B>. Why?

0 Kudos
nem1s1s
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, can I ask you to remove those DNS names from public forum please. I will make the adjustments my end and try again.
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Done, but I got them from the PDF so I don't know what that accomplishes unless you sanitize those screenshots.

0 Kudos
nem1s1s
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Failed at the same spot again after putting in correct DNS suffix.
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

What is the error displayed in the wizard this time?

0 Kudos