VMware Cloud Community
SatishPatil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ExternalWorkflowStubs general questions

Hi All,

Few question about ExternalWorkflowStubs to understand how they work.

1. Executed "Install VCO Customization" workflow and executed "Adds or updates a state change  workflow on several blueprints and their virtual machines". The blueprint is associated with the workflow id in VCAC.  I assumed workflow will update WFStubBuildingMachine in design center. In  VCAC design center WFStubBuildingMachine is not associated with any workflow. Where is this association stored?

2. How to associate multiple workflows to execute during a state change using "Adds or updates a state change  workflow on several blueprints and their virtual machines"? The only way I can think of to accomplish the task is to have a master workflow which calls other workflows and the master flow gets associated with the blueprint.

3. In  VCAC design center any changes to WFStubBuildingMachine will impact all VCAC requests i.e all vcac requests call the stub where as "Adds or updates a state change  workflow on several blueprints and their virtual machines" can associate a workflow with a blueprint. Is it possible to associate WFStubBuildingMachine in VCAC design center with a blueprint.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chrisheartland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I appreciate the blog, but that's not the easiest way to do it. See my blog post here:

https://ouchris.wordpress.com/2014/08/15/vcac-6-0-x-and-vco-to-rename-a-virtual-machine/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
chrisheartland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

1.) I wouldn't use designer. There is no point unless you absolutely don't know vCO. Use the vCAC extensibility package in vCO. You can set up the WFStub workflows to run directly in vCO vs. designer. If you know vCO it's a no brainer.

2.) That's right. You'll want to create a master "Building", "provisioning", and "decommissiong" set of workflows. Have these three linked to your WFStubs workflows so when "WFStubBuildMachine" kicks off, then it will kick off your master "Building" workflow where you have thigns like assign new vm name, IP, DNS, etc.

3.) Again, I wouldn't use designer.

SatishPatil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the response.

I have a requirement to change machine name which can't be accomplished with VCAC machine prefix. So I started looking at "Design Center" as per the the  blog "Easily change the name of a provisioned machine in vCloud Automation Center to conform with company ..." as VCAC design model is only available in design center.

0 Kudos
chrisheartland
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I appreciate the blog, but that's not the easiest way to do it. See my blog post here:

https://ouchris.wordpress.com/2014/08/15/vcac-6-0-x-and-vco-to-rename-a-virtual-machine/

0 Kudos