VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Extensibility guide for vCAC 6.0... Where is it?

It looks like the extensibility package that was created to work with vCAC 5.2 is now part of the the vCAC 6.0 vCO plugin.  As a general question where is the extensibility guide for 6.0 and/or the documentation for the vCO plugin?  I think I have already posed this general plugin question in another thread but since I haven't received an answer I will be a squeeky wheel.

Paul

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abhilashhb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Its there in the normal documentation

vCloud Automation Center Documentation

Go to Advanced service design. It says

This documentation also contains information about VMware® vCenter™ Orchestrator™ and the vCenter Orchestrator plug-ins.

Abhilash B
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/abhilashhb/

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

That covers creating advanced services and additional actions which I have working.  The extensibility feature I am trying to leverage is the callout during an IaaS lifecycle.  In the 5.2 realm this was made easier with this package vCAC-extensibility-package which now appears integrated in the vCAC 6.0 vCO plugin.  I just can't seem to find the documentation on how to handle this in 6.0 .  I have this mostly working but I am now getting this error when the call out is executed which I also saw in another thread on here:

Failed with the following exception: Could not reach vCenter Orchestrator endpoint "{0}". Trying the next highest priority endpoint.

0 Kudos
Aronov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Paul,

You can troubleshoot "Could not reach vCenter Orchestrator endpoint "{0}". Trying the next highest priority endpoint." by doing the following:

Check that you have at least one vCO endpoint configured in "vCAC->Infrastructure->Endpoints"

If you have endpoint it might be that the vCO is not accessible, credentials are not good or something else. To find out you can run fiddler2 and wait for the vCO availability check call. This usually happens when you click on the "..." button in the "Invoke vCO workflow" activity that loads the available vCO workflows. This is a call to your vCO /api/inventory looking something like "https://yourvCOurl.com:8281/vco/api/inventory" the response of this call will give you more information on what is not working.

Evgeny

qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It actually turned out that I had the url incorrect when I setup the endpoint.  The documentation example shows the old url which didn't have the /vco .  Thanks for the tips for troubleshooting these sorts of issues though.

0 Kudos