VMware Cloud Community
YoavBH
Contributor
Contributor

Error: release postgres failed: timed out waiting for the condition, 'Failed to execute helm upstall command. Will retry in 10 seconds...'

Hi,

I am tring to install VRA 8.0.1 Large Deployment in my LAB environment. I have tried doing that through the Life Cycle Manager by chosing "Cluster" and going through the steps.

Everything is configured well, DNS, NTP, IPs and NSX-V load balancer on the same VLAN and Subnet as all the Components.

I Get This error During the installation in /var/log/deploy.log:

Error: release postgres failed: timed out waiting for the condition

+ ret=1

+ echo 'helm failed to upgrade '\''postgres'\'' in namespace '\''prelude'\'''

helm failed to upgrade 'postgres' in namespace 'prelude'

++ helm get postgres

++ grep app:

++ head -n 1

++ sed -e 's/: /=/' -e 's/^\s*//' -e 's/\s*$//'

+ label=

+ [[ '' != '' ]]

+ return 1

+ for backoff_seconds in $delays

+ echo 'Failed to execute helm upstall command. Will retry in 10 seconds...'

Failed to execute helm upstall command. Will retry in 10 seconds...

+ sleep 10

I see in the Life Cycle Manager UI that it passes the stage: "VraVaSetLoadBalancer" and get stuck on "VraVaInitialize".

now when giving the 3 VAs their IP addresses it also require a VIP FQDN probably for the Load Balancer, so i put my LB FQDN and made sure to add an A recond and PTR on my DNS, all names in the environment are resolved, i checked.

Then after an hour or so that it retries on the Life Cycle Manager UI i can see that error LCMVRAVACONFIG590003 which allows me to retry and set somevalue to true and retry, then fails on the same thing.

I saw a similar post that said these two might help but it didn't.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/76870

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/76053

Maybe the problem is with the LB?

I Have an NSX-V Egde one uplink and IP address and the on i put on the DNS server for the VRA's VIP FQDN, virtual server with HTTPS 443, and Pools of VA1,VA2,VA3 with no health check yet but they are enabled and memebers of the virtual server(LB) and the communication port is 443 and the monitor port 8008(even though monitoring is off).

what should i do?

I tried to do the same from 0 with the Easy installer (The only difference that the Easy installer lets you put IP address of the LB and VIP FQDN instead the LCM that lets you only FQDN) but same result.

and by the way do i manually install another 2 vIDM for the large Deployment?

Thanks in advanced.(:

'Failed to execute helm upstall command. Will retry in 10 seconds...'Failed to execute helm upstall command. Will retry in 10 seconds...+ sleep 10

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gradinka
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You should try with 8.1 and not 801. Just forget about 801 now,

that said, have you checked this
https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/78235

Builtin containers root password expires preventing installations for vRealize Automation 8.0 and 8.0.1 or cumulative update patches on existing deployments (78235)

0 Kudos