VMware Cloud Community
Commens
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Error invoking workflow from vCO

I've got a workflow setup in vCO that is being called from vCAC Designer ExternalWFStubs.BuildingMachine.  The workflow works, i can run it manually from vCO.  So I'm just trying to invoke this workflow to take the name of the server and run some code to create a new name based on company standards.  When I request a new server I get the following error.  I have no idea what to even start with.  Any ideas?

Failed with the following exception: Error executing vCenter Orchestrator workflow: Blueprint "xxx" has a property ExternalWFStubs.BuildingMachine not set with a vCO workflow ID

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

looks like you've installed the vCO customization for vCAC , using vCO to run state workflows... am I correct?

if so - do the following.

Take the workflow you want to run - > edit - > in General tab, see id , copy it.

put this id as a value for the ExternalWFStubs.BuildingMachine property.

This will tell vCO to run your workflow, when Building Machine State is occurring.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Commens
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok that helped me I think, but now I'm getting another error.

Failed with the following exception: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

I have custom inputs from the workflow that should be called by the custom properties I created.  The values you can select match what the input from the workflow.  

0 Kudos