VMware Cloud Community
Kumar_Venkatram
Contributor
Contributor

Error details: No compute resources found for endpoint [vCenter] (Workflow:vSphere Initial Setup / Wait to discover compute resorces (item3)#25)

Hi All,

During vSphere initial setup request getting below error while creating the new Tenant.

Error details: No compute resources found for endpoint [vCenter] (Workflow:vSphere Initial Setup / Wait to discover compute resorces (item3)#25)

0 Kudos
11 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Check Infrastructure -> Monitoring -> Logs and see if errors are being thrown. You must ensure the name of your vCenter endpoint matches the name you provided when adding it to vRA.

0 Kudos
Kumar_Venkatram
Contributor
Contributor

By going through the logs found error logs as below.

attached screenshot.

Error log.

------

at DynamicOps.VMPS.DataAccess.ConnectionFactory`1.ExecuteReader(RecordReader`1 recordReader, String storedProcedure, String whereClause, Boolean firstRecordOnly, SqlParameter[] collection)

at DynamicOps.VMPS.DataAccess.DataAccessLayer.<>c__DisplayClass1.<EnumerateAgentsWithRetry>b__0()

at DynamicOps.Common.Exceptions.RetryTransactionException.RetryIfNecessary(Action action)

at DynamicOps.VMPS.Service.PhysicalHostPingService.PhysicalHostPingCallback(Object state)

Inner Exception: at DynamicOps.VMPS.DataAccess.ConnectionFactory`1.ExecuteReader(RecordReader`1 recordReader, String storedProcedure, String whereClause, Boolean firstRecordOnly, SqlParameter[] collection)

at DynamicOps.VMPS.DataAccess.AgentManager.GetAgentCapabilities(Guid agentID)

at DynamicOps.VMPS.DataAccess.AgentManager.ReadInstance(IDataRecord record, Agent& agent)

at DynamicOps.VMPS.DataAccess.RecordReader`1.ReadRecord(IDataRecord record, List`1 instances)

at DynamicOps.VMPS.DataAccess.ConnectionFactory`1.ExecuteReaderNoRetry(RecordReader`1 recordReader, String storedProcedure, String whereClause, SqlParameter[] collection, Boolean firstRecordOnly)

at DynamicOps.VMPS.DataAccess.ConnectionFactory`1.ExecuteReader(RecordReader`1 recordReader, String storedProcedure, String whereClause, Boolean firstRecordOnly, SqlParameter[] collection)

----------------------

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You have MSDTC issues. Search this forum for possible solutions as this is covered almost weekly.

0 Kudos
Kumar_Venkatram
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

MSDTC is configured but still I am getting below error.

Error message: Timeout reached waiting for data collection statuses to be created (Workflow:vSphere Initial Setup / Data Collect Endpoint resources (item33)#172)

0 Kudos
npadmani
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

did you also check if firewall allows DTC port?

Narendra Padmani VCIX6-DCV | VCIX7-CMA | VCI | TOGAF 9 Certified
0 Kudos
Kumar_Venkatram
Contributor
Contributor

Even after enabling DTC port on firewall, getting same error.

No compute resources found for endpoint [vCenter] (Workflow:vSphere Initial Setup / Wait to discover compute resorces (item3)#25)

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You need to give us more to go on than this. What does your architecture look like? Can you post screenshots of the DTC configuration on SQL and Manager boxes? What versions are involved across the board? Are things domain joined? Is everything in the same DNS zone? Help us help you by providing enough details to know what to check next.

0 Kudos
Kumar_Venkatram
Contributor
Contributor

1. Attached environment design.

2. Single domain Zone.

3. TDC screen shot attached

4. I can bale to rename the cluster name using Orchestrator  and I can able to perform many take using VRO.

5. I have disabled the Firewall on SQL and IaaS for testing purpose( currently its in disable state )

SQL VRA.jpgLAB Diagram.jpg

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Ok, a couple things.

1. Your DTC settings are not completely correct. The Transaction Manager Communication portion should use Mutual Authentication (first radio button).
  2. I have no idea what this statement means: "I can bale to rename the cluster name using Orchestrator  and I can able to perform many take using VRO."
  3. Your diagram is very strange. Are you suggesting your Windows IaaS box is connected to a MySQL server? If this is a typo and you're using MS SQL, what version? What is "VRA 5.7.3"?
  4. On your IaaS box, just go ahead and run in an elevated cmd prompt "msdtc uninstall" followed by "msdtc install".
  5. Verify DTC service are started on both IaaS and SQL servers and set to Automatic. Re-verify settings are consistent across both systems.
0 Kudos
Kumar_Venkatram
Contributor
Contributor

1. Your DTC settings are not completely correct. The Transaction Manager Communication portion should use Mutual Authentication (first radio button).

Ans:  DTC setting changed to Mutual Authentication.

1. I have no idea what this statement means: "I can bale to rename the cluster name using Orchestrator  and I can able to perform many take using VRO."

Ans:  built-in vRealize Orchestrator Server, using  vRealize Orchestrator Client I can perform built in Workflow tasks without any error ( example -- Rename VM, add CPU memory to VM ext.. )

1. Your diagram is very strange. Are you suggesting your Windows IaaS box is connected to a MySQL server? If this is a typo and you're using MS SQL, what version? What is "VRA 5.7.3"?

Ans: VMware vRealize Automation Appliance version 7.3.0.1650 (build 5604410  and IAAS -- My SQL 2012.

1. On your IaaS box, just go ahead and run in an elevated cmd prompt "msdtc uninstall" followed by "msdtc install".

Ans: Command successful.

1. Verify DTC service are started on both IaaS and SQL servers and set to Automatic. Re-verify settings are consistent across both systems.

Ans: Service is started and automatic.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

MySQL is not supported, only Microsoft SQL server is. That's probably the issue.

0 Kudos