VMware Cloud Community
santunez2275
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Error assign Username to new VM - vm is not initialized for waiting for the DNS name

Hello Guys

In a Blueprint Centos 7.5 and VRA 7.4 have a Blueprint with the options of assign a new user in the procedure Example Customizing request forms using the new Custom Forms - VMware Cloud Management

Now, the VM is created but when run the AssignUser failed by this error.

[2018-08-18 17:16:44.330] [E] (com.vmware.library.vc.vm.tools/vim3WaitToolsStarted) Error in (Dynamic Script Module name : vim3WaitToolsStarted#1) ReferenceError: vm is not initialized for waiting for the DNS name

The VMware Tools was installed in the template, and I check the VM and the VM have the vmware tools running.

Also the FW is disabled and selinux.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

SAN

0 Kudos
8 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Are you assigning a fully-qualified host name? Does it appear after the machine is up and running as reported through VMware Tools? Please show screenshots.

0 Kudos
santunez2275
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello

This are the screen... Thanks for your help

pastedImage_0.pngpastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

That's a short name and not a FQDN.

0 Kudos
santunez2275
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello

Ok, I have a doubt, In the blueprint who I can assign the  hostname + domain in a request. In Vcenter have the customize spec for Linux.

Now in vcenter the VM name it must be the shortname and not the fullname.

Is possible resolv this error in the blueprint or is necesary other config.

Regards

SAn

0 Kudos
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If you look at the code for the action you'll see its failing on the second line.  So the vm is not null but it sounds like its not been fully deployed or the information in Orchestrator hasn't refreshed.

if (vm == null) throw "ReferenceError: vm is not defined for waiting for the DNS name";

if (vm.name == null) throw "ReferenceError: vm is not initialized for waiting for the DNS name";

So it sounds like you may be hitting some sort of race condition where information on the vm is not propagated.  In our environment I have been having some really weird issues with RHEL 7 guests and the information I see in Orchestrator.  I'm curious if you try a test with Centos6 if you have the same issue?  I've seen issues where the information is incorrect and if I force a reload of the orchestrator plugin the information updates.  I've been having a hard time trying to consistently get it to happen so I haven't put in a case yet.

0 Kudos
santunez2275
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello

The Workflow is running with Centos 7.x and Centos 6.x

I change parameters in Template, and the problem is resolved.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
halinwu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

hello, expert

I have the same issue, I've already modified the template , the vm has the FQDN name, but it couldn't finish deployment.  please refer to the following pics,

please tell me how to fixed the problem. thanks a lot !

屏幕快照 2019-05-14 上午10.38.45.png

the vmtools is stilling exited and working.

屏幕快照 2019-05-14 上午10.39.19.png

the wrong message

屏幕快照 2019-05-14 上午10.44.42.png

0 Kudos
halinwu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

hello, San

I have the same issue, could you tell me what parameters of template did you change. very appreciate!

Halin

0 Kudos