VMware Cloud Community
gcVmWare
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Editing config-state.json

Is it possible to modify the safeguard settings by editing the config-state.json?

When i reboot the appliance the ad sync runs one time and then stops. Manual sync gives me a connector failed to response.

But the sync that runs after a reboot stops because it reaches te treshold from the safeguards.

Can i manipulate the file to get the sync to complete?

What happens if i put the new groups i want to add in the config-state.json file? Wil that work?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Ankush11s
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I assume it is 7.6 and changing any setting to appliance or application related file will make it unsupported 
I would not recommend changing the config-state.json , There are multiple places where data will be written then it will come to json , if you by pass it and change it it would be unsupported 

0 Kudos
gcVmWare
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the quick reply. 7.6 is end of life so unsupported. 

I need to add a new connector to my 7.6 environment. Can i connect to the connector that is in place for the installed 8.x environment?

0 Kudos
Ankush11s
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

8.X and 7.x are both different design 
I would still suggest to open the GSS support request , Engineer would try to help you on best effort basis , and you will get option/suggestion in recommended way .

0 Kudos
gcVmWare
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unfortunately they won't support.

I installed a new version allready. But migration is not easy because of all the warnings i need to get rid off

If only i could add a connector to the vra 7.6 that would help. Or a possiibility to change the safeguards. Every action i do in the directory management gives me the connector does not respond error

0 Kudos
gcVmWare
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When i reboot. The daily sync runs. But the new students are not synced because of the safeguards.

Is there a way to edit these settings? Doing it in the gui doesn't let me save the settings because the connector is broken

0 Kudos