VMware Cloud Community
GMCON
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Edit VM Approval Policy

I am trying to create an approval policy if a user wants to edit a virtual machines resources.  To give you the full information of course on the catalog items we have a min and max cpu, memory etc that are allowed for a VM.  Take CPU for example, we have a range say of 1-10 vCPU allowed but anything over 2 vCPU requires approval of which we have an approval policy for.  Though unless you create an approval policy for after the vm is deployed then the user can go in and up the resources on the vm to the max limit of 10 vCPU.  I have tried creating an approval policy for the edit multiple ways, using the RAR, RAR Add Components, RAR Edit, RAR execute reconfigure.  I can get it to work with the basic  approval "Always required" but under the Approval policy if I try and add in actual conditions, like say if requesting greater then 2 vCPU, then for one it does not show anything in the "Approval form" tab so I could possibly edit it after they request it.  Most importantly though when the request to edit the resources is submitted it just fails and the only error it shows is "The Request approval has returned with an Error".  No approval email ever goes out or anything, the request just fails.  Has anyone else created an approval policy for editing the resources of a VM after provisioning?  I am running vCAC 6.0.1.2

0 Kudos
2 Replies
riverson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you find a fix for this?

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

This is an old query, and was a bug in early versions of vRA (vCAC at the time it was an issue). What version are you attempting to do this for?

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos