VMware Cloud Community
JamesMW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Dynamic Types and Inventory Item Grouping

Hi,

I am provisioning different types of objects using Dynamic Types and vCAC 6.1. In the vCAC 'Items' tab all dynamic type objects are grouped under one type on the left, "Dynamic Types".

For an example I'm provisioning two different dynamic types:

- Vipr Block Volumes

- Horizon View 6 Desktops

If I provision one of each of these types, they are both grouped under "Dynamic Types" in the inventory item tab. Is there a way to have all these types under different groupings? So, vipr volumes go under 'Block Volumes; and desktops go under 'VDI Desktops'?

I attached a screen shot, and you can see that the block volume "Test vCO DT" and the vdi desktop "Win7vCAC-v012" are both under the group "Dynamic Types" on the left. I want to separate these so it's easier for a user to see their provisioned items by type.

I have Custom Resources defined for both of these dynamic types, but it still doesnt seem to group correctly.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesMW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Well, for anyone that wants to know....you can do this through the appliance DB.

You need to add a new parent type to cat_resourcetype table, then associate your custom dynamic type in that same table to the parent in the parent_id field.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesMW
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Well, for anyone that wants to know....you can do this through the appliance DB.

You need to add a new parent type to cat_resourcetype table, then associate your custom dynamic type in that same table to the parent in the parent_id field.

0 Kudos