VMware Cloud Community
Jvansym
Contributor
Contributor

Detecting an IP address change from provisioned VM

Hi All,

Hoping this is a really easy question. I provisioned a few VMs and noticed that the range that i had selected for my network profile accidentally overlapped with a few existing machines that are not in VCAC yet. I have changed the IP addressees of the provisioned machines to correct the situation however for some reason VCAC hasn't picked up the change. In this example i provisioned the server as 10.10.10.231 and have changed the IP address to 10.10.10.235 (in the windows network settings) however when i look at the IP Ranges tab in VCAC its still showing the server as 10.10.10.231. Is there any way to force VCAC to detect the change in IP address? I ran an inventory scan in VCAC and it completed successfully but the IP address is still listed as 10.10.10.231 in the IP range tab.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
stvkpln
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Data collection is not going to update custom properties... which the IP address happens to be. You'll have to update the custom property (VirtualMachine.Network0.Address, if memory serves) manually for the relevant VM's, or write a workflow in vRO that can synchronize the values.

-Steve
0 Kudos
jamesreinke2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the same problem. Where is the "VirtualMachine.Network0.Address"? It not listed in the Properties of the VM. If its not supposed to be there can you tell me where and how to change it. If a CLI has to be used, please be descriptive. Thank you

0 Kudos