VMware Cloud Community
rlabinot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Deploy/Update deployments from Git using Code Stream and Yaml files

Hello all,

I want to deploy and update my deployments from a Git (Bitbucket in my case). I want that if a user commits a new blueprint in Git, it creates a deployment on vRA and If he updates the blueprint, it will update the deployment.

I saw that Code Stream might be helpful by looking at this link : How do I automate the release of an application that I deploy from a YAML blueprint in vRealize Auto...

I tried to follow this documentation with Bitbucket but I have an error in this part :

pastedImage_4.png

I tried with Bitbucket endpoint with "Source Control" to select my repo in the Git but it shows me this :

It seems that you can only choose one file instead of choosing one folder containing all blueprint files in the repo.

Is there a way to do this ? Is Code stream the right tools to do what I want about creating/updating deployments from my Git with yaml files ?

Thanks for your help.

PS: Using the V8.1 of vRA

0 Kudos
2 Replies
siglert
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just so you know I found this an annoyance s well.  I ended up running through it just to get rid of it before I started my first project.

0 Kudos
rlabinot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you found a workaround ?

PS: I am creating a new discussion to include the author of the documentation in the discussion. It will be more accurate.

0 Kudos