VMware Cloud Community
DaveFromWales
Contributor
Contributor

Deleted subscription still firing

Hi,

I unpublshed and then deleted a subscription that was running against my blueprints.  It hasn't actually been used for a long time but the task it was doing is no longer possible, However I keep getting errors at the blueprint allocation errors relating to that subscription.

It's pretty much put all build activity on stop at the moment as I can't get rid of it - there's no reference to it anywhere as far as I can see.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Need to see what this is, where it is, etc. Can't just guess on this one. Also, no mention of version.

0 Kudos
DaveFromWales
Contributor
Contributor

yeah appreciate that was a bit poor.

Ok....

it's VRA 7.5.0

The subscription ran a workflow in orchestrator as per here http://www.vmtocloud.com/how-to-integrate-windows-dns-with-vra-7-x/

It received some custom parameters which are (were) on the blueprints.  The subscription was to run on all machine tasks.

The subscription is now gone but I get Error in state VMPSMasterWorkflow32.BuildingMachine. Pre evebt. Extensibility consumer error.  Add then a Java.NullPointerexception for the workflow.  I suspect this latter bit is to do with it being part removed but it seems the subscription itself is still active.

If i could see it I could perhaps edit it to say apply to no blueprints but as it's actually gone I'm pretty stuck.  

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Do you have any EBS subscriptions currently set up? Can you show them if so? How did you do away with this one? Just a normal delete? What's the topology here?

0 Kudos
DaveFromWales
Contributor
Contributor

It was the only EBS sub i had and yeah it was deleted.

First of all I unpublished it expecting that to be enough, but it still fired so I deleted - all under Admin>events>subscriptions, nothing fancy.

I suspect if I could see it I could have just changed the criteria to not point at anything but its a bit past that now.  I think I'll raise an SR

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

If that was all you had and you deleted it through normal means; it's not showing currently; but it's still firing, I think something got hung up in the Postgres database and it's still registered. Opening an SR would probably be the way to go here. It's possible this is something that's been corrected in one of the subsequent hotfixes for 7.5.

0 Kudos
DaveFromWales
Contributor
Contributor

that's my thinking too.
0 Kudos