VMware Cloud Community
JiGang
Contributor
Contributor

Data overwrite when have custom validation and data binding

HI All:

I am building a Form as below. which i have a custom validatoin for Host name. And also have a data binding for CPU/Mem/Disk. When user select different T-Shirt Size, my CPU/Mem/Disk should be updated accordingly(For example, when user select T-Shirt Size as Large, i will update CPU to 8, Mem to 16G and Disk to 800G). Also i enable my user to change the CPU count as well.

My Problem is , if i don't have custom validation for hostname, then everything works fine. 

But when i add custom Validate to Hostname. My user changes on CPU Count was overwrite.

Here is the case.

1. User input all the filed in the form.  2. User select Large as t-shirt size.  3. User change the Disk Size to 1100GB.  

When user click on Submit, the Disk Size i get on vRO is still 800GB (my default).   

So, My question is, is there a conflict?  Or this is a bug of vRA/vRO.  BTW, i am runing 7.3

Thanks.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

If you can upgrade to 7.4, you get custom forms which has in-form validation using vRO actions which would probably solve all of this, plus you wouldn't have to use XaaS to wrap IaaS any more.

0 Kudos