VMware Cloud Community
cmbwml1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Custom Actions unavailable after vRA 6.2.1 upgrade

We recently upgraded to vRA 6.2.1 to get the VMRC function back and the fix a few other issues.  After the upgrade all of our custom resource actions are no longer available in the VM action list.  Have tried deleting and recreating the custom actions, re-entitling the actions, etc with no luck.  Has anyone else upgraded to vRA 6.2.1 with custom resource actions?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
kumarankpl
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Try running the below command from IAAS machine:

C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\vCAC\Server\Model Manager Data\Cafe>Vcac-Config.exe RegisterCatalogTypes -v

0 Kudos
flynmooney
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I did the upgrade to 6.2.1 without any issues in our test environment.  All of our custom resources are still available and work.  I did have to go into vCO configuator and manually update the database by clicking a link.

0 Kudos
patrick_harriso
Contributor
Contributor

Have you made any progress with this. I did a fresh install of 6.2.1 and I can't see any custom actions presented from advanced service designer either.

0 Kudos
cmbwml1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I ran "Vcac-Config.exe RegisterCatalogTypes -v" which returned successful.  I then checked to see if any custom actions were showing up with no luck.  I gracefully shut down all vRA related servers and then rebooted but that didn't help either.

0 Kudos
cmbwml1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I checked and the database is up to date.  We are using the internal VCO service on the vRA appliance.

0 Kudos
cmbwml1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I haven't figured it out yet.  I opened up a support ticket and uploaded the various logs from vRA, IaaS, VCO, etc.  Of they find a fix I'll post it here.

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

Yes, this is a bug. There is a fix that is undergoing testing at the moment.

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
patrick_harriso
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Any update on this or is the fix still being worked on as far as you are aware?

0 Kudos
vmwaredownload
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is there a PR# we can reference?  Is the fix out yet?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

There is a workaround (SQL query). I'd call GSS to get it since there could be some adverse effects to your environment since I have no idea of what else you have in there.

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
pizzle85
Expert
Expert

0 Kudos
cmbwml1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We applied the hotfix and it worked for us.  So far no issues with the custom actions.  Thank you VMware; I no longer have to manually mount CD images for customers!

0 Kudos
SeanKohler
Expert
Expert

Excellent!  Thanks for letting everybody know.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos