VMware Cloud Community
jspatz
Contributor
Contributor

Custom Actions - Workflow not picking up variable from form

We are on 8.8,  I have created a simple workflow that allows for switching a specific server between a couple different OU's to put it in a proper maintenance ou

var object = ActiveDirectory.getComputerAD(vmName.name,adHost)
var newPatchingOU = patchOu +',OU=Tier 2,OU=Servers,DC=blah,DC=blahblah,DC=blee,DC=com'
System.log("Searching for computer: " + vmName.name)
System.log("Found computer: " + object)
System.log(newPatchingOU)
ActiveDirectory.rename(object.distinguishedName, "CN= " +vmName.name , newPatchingOU , adHost)

on the form I have a variable with a dropdown that has 6 or 7 different options and when running from Orchestrator it works

the newPatchingOU variable ends up looking like OU=4thSaturday6AM,OU=Tier 2,OU=Servers..... 

However after creating a custom action in vRA and binding the vm  VC:VirrualMachine with binding action.   I keep patchOu as an "in request" propery binding.   When I call the action from a resource.  My dropdown with choices is there, I can pick the OU I want. hit run .. and it fails.

According to the logs it finds the computer object
but the patching variable doesn't flow through so that output looks like this
:57.658 -04:00    INFO   ,OU=Tier 2,
(usually that first spot has the ou selection)

with an error  of

04:00ERRORError in (Workflow:AddManServerToNewPatchingOU / Add to Patching Schedule (item2)#6) Rename entry failed! 00002089: UpdErr: DSID-031B0DCE,  problem 5012 (DIR_ERROR),
| 'input': name=patchOu type=string value=
Any ideas what I am doing wrong here?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jspatz
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently .. this was just time.. something wasn't syncing from vra to vro ..  and it just started working after a day.

0 Kudos