VMware Cloud Community
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Creation of VM in vCAC is failing

I am trying to request a VM from vCAC but it's failing and when i checked the view details then also there is no info. Can anyone help me? I attached the screenshot.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Ok, so I think the building machine workflow stub has a non-existent vCO workflow associated with it. You'll need to run a vCO workflow to remove it.

Under the 'Extensibility' folder in vCO, there's a workflow called 'Remove State Change Workflow From a Blueprint and it's Virtual Machines".

Right click on this, and run it against the blueprint you are having trouble with. Make sure you select 'BuildingMachine' from the first menu of the workflow.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Have a look under the Infrastructure/Monitoring/Log menu, see if there are any events listed there.

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Please check the attached screenshot

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

It looks like you've modified the building workflow stub to do some customization of the blueprint, is that right?

0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

It looks as though you've extended the building machine workflow stub, with a VCO workflow that doesn't exist.

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Now what should i share so that you can verify same.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Can you take a screenshot from your VCO instance. Show the workflow runs from the BuildingMachine workflow.

It should be under:

Library\vCloud Automation Center\Infrastructure Administration\Extensibility\WFStubBuildingMachine

Thanks

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Please take a screenshot of the workflows under the 'Extensibility\Workflow Stubs' folder. I need to see the WFStubBuildingMachine workflow.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Please check this attached screenshot

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Can you expand the WFStubBuildingMachine workflow, so I can see the list of times it has run?

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Ok, so I think the building machine workflow stub has a non-existent vCO workflow associated with it. You'll need to run a vCO workflow to remove it.

Under the 'Extensibility' folder in vCO, there's a workflow called 'Remove State Change Workflow From a Blueprint and it's Virtual Machines".

Right click on this, and run it against the blueprint you are having trouble with. Make sure you select 'BuildingMachine' from the first menu of the workflow.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Great. Thanks Buddy for your help. But can you please explain this issue to me? what exactly the problem was?

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
awjudge
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Ok,

vCAC has some built in workflows that do all the basics you need to build and deploy VMs. However, if you have your own needs that aren't met through vCAC on it's own, you can call out to vCO to run vCO workflows as part of the vCAC deployment.

There's a lot of detail, and many options, you can read more about them here:

vCloud Automation Center Documentation

From what I can tell, somehow you had configured the blueprint to call a vCO workflow during the BuildingMachine phase. For whatever reason, the workflow that was being called didn't exist, which was creating the error message you saw.

0 Kudos