VMware Cloud Community
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Create VM from Blueprint

Hello,

i am new to vRealize automation and stuck at creating a VM from a Blueprint.

I have created a Blueprint to create a VM. I have added a Customizaton Script to apply domain information and sysprep the VM.

The VM is created successfully.

I have added a domain policy and added that policy to my business group.

If i now create a VM, it is creating the domain machine account but if after the workflow is completed, the vm is not part of my domain.

If i do the same thing without my customization script, the VM is ready to use and part of my domain. But i did not use sysprep.

How to use both parts? My customization and the active directory policy? Or is that not possible?

Do i have to create custom properties to use both?

Thanks

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

It was a Active Directory permission issue with the user that was configured in the specification manager

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Can you show your domain policy information? Also show your blueprint construction.

0 Kudos
DanieleUlrich
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Did you have a look at the customization specs in vCenter?

Create a Customization Specification for Windows

You simply can reference the given name in the blueprint.

0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hello Daniele,

i know that. exactly that is the issue. If i use both, the vRA Policy and the vSphere Customization, i ended up with a VM not in the domain.

Frank

0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

sure, i have configured the following settings in my Active Directory Policy:

adt.JPG

blueprint1.JPG

Frank

0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

It was a Active Directory permission issue with the user that was configured in the specification manager

0 Kudos