VMware Cloud Community
rlabinot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Create/Update deployments with many blueprints from Git

Author : BKern2

URL : http:////docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Automation/8.1/Using-and-Managing-CodeStream/GUID-4175CD2C-AEF4...

Topic Name : How do I automate the release of an application that I deploy from a YAML blueprint in vRealize Automation Code Stream

Publication Name : Using and Managing vRealize Automation Code Stream

Product/Version : vRealize Automation/8.1

Question :

I read this documentation and it is confusing because it doesn't show the part to select the blueprints in the repo. I tried this myself and apparently you can't choose all the blueprints in Git by specifying the folder but only choose one blueprint per pipeline.

How do I automate the release of an application that I deploy from a YAML blueprint in vRealize Auto...

Is there a way for users to create many blueprints describing each a deployment in Bitbucket and Code Stream will detect and deploy them ? I want to deploy an "Infrastructure as Code" solution with help of Code Stream.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
rlabinot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

(From previous discussion)

I tried to follow this documentation with Bitbucket but I have an error in this part :

pastedImage_4.png

I tried with Bitbucket endpoint with "Source Control" to select my repo in the Git but it shows me this :

pastedImage_0.png

It seems that you can only choose one file instead of choosing one folder containing all blueprint files in the repo.

By the way, it even doesn't work when I mention only one blueprint in Bitbucket, but works in Gitlab.. But I want to take the whole repo not only one blueprint.

0 Kudos
rlabinot
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Actually, I have a Bitbucket repo with many blueprints to deploy.

• I created a Bitbucket endpoint to link vRA to bitbucket.
  • I want to create a Pipeline (as shown in the screen) that manages all the blueprints in the repo
  • I created a Webhook to notify if a commit is done from Bitbucket

This is the workflow in general that I want to create with Code Stream :

• User creates a yaml blueprint in Bitbucket --> Bitbucket notify vRA that a new blueprint is added with webhook--> Pipeline is executed at this time to create the deployment from the new blueprint.

Also, if a user edits the blueprint (for example the size of the resource as shown in the VMware documentation), the pipeline will detect the change and update the deployment.

Can vRA do this with Code Stream ? What is the best way to do this ?

0 Kudos
BKern2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Tagging one of our PMs on this thread for more information. dkallakuri

0 Kudos
BKern2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

dkallakuri​, can you comment regarding BitBucket?

0 Kudos
BKern2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

dkallakuri​, FYI regarding support for BitBucket endpoint.

0 Kudos